Online Acting Classes And Community
Can’t attend acting classes in person? This is the solution!
Scroll down to see what you get with your subscription!
FOR THE LOVE
This is what we’re bringing to The Actors Gym in August:
- 2 self-tape challenges with personal feedback from professional working actors
- Video tips and Zoom workshops on the Meisner technique from RADA trained acting coach Skye Hallam and actor David Schaal (The Office, The Inbetweeners)
- Movie Quiz Night!
- Film Club screening with forum discussion and a group Zoom call
- Q&A sessions on Zoom with BBC director Debbie Howard (Doctors), acting agent Alex Fidelski
- Zoom workshop on Screen Acting and working with multiple cameras from actor Steve North (Doctor Who, London’s Burning)
- NEW: The Actors Gym Zoom Table Reads! Audition and be involved in a table read of an episode of a popular TV show.
- All of the Zoom sessions are uploaded to the gym for members to view!
Look what happened in July...
Who can join The Actors Gym?
We welcome actors of any age (if you’re under 16, you’ll need the consent of your parent or guardian)
We welcome actors of any experience level – even absolute beginners!
We’ll help you grow as actors no matter where you are in your acting journey!
What Our Actors Say About Us
Hear From Actor Asa Butterfield and Reel Scene CEO Alex Fidelski
What Does My Membership Include?
You’ll be challenged each fortnight to learn, record and submit an online self-tape audition – that’s TWO self-tapes a month with personal reviews for each, what a great way to develop your acting!
- Self Tape One: We will give you a script to learn, record and upload – with a deadline!
- Self Tape Two: You choose the script! It could be a monologue, something you’ve written yourself, or a scene from an existing movie or TV show. Show us what you’re capable of and how you’re improving!
An RS Talent agent or a special guest reviewer will give you private feedback on your self-tape via our community forums.
Each month you will have the opportunity to speak one-to-one by video with acting agents from RS Talent.
- Discuss your career and your future options
- Have your headshots and showreel reviewed
- Learn directly from agents the best way to get seen and get cast!
RS Talent audition opportunities will be offered to Actors Gym Members first by default
Access to a online forum, where you can:
- Post self tapes and receive community feedback from the online acting community.
- Find self tape recording partners
- Collaborate with other Gym members on projects
- Discuss acting techniques
- Engage in Q&A sessions with special industry guests and professional actors
Gym members will have priority access to special guest events including:
- Online Q&A sessions in our the online acting community forums
- Livestream Q&A sessions by video with actors including Asa Butterfield
- Networking opportunities
Gym members have access to exclusive written and video content including video guides and tutorials from coaches such as Asa Butterfield (Enders Game, Sex Education), William Moseley (Chronicles of Narnia, The Royals), Shobu Kapoor (Bend it like Beckham, Citizen Khan), David Schaal (The Inbetweeners, The Office), Producer/Director James Simpson (Merchant of Venice), Director Tristan Shepherd, and many more
Become certified online! The Actors Gym will offer certifications designed to improve your skills and make you more attractive to casting directors. Starting with our upcoming self-tape certification!
We run weekly Zoom workshops, classes and seminars with industry guests like Asa Butterfield, actors, directors producers and more! Plus we record all of the sessions so you can watch them at any time.
The Actors Gym Subscription at a Glance
|Look what you get! All of the below for one price!|
|2 x monthly self-tape exercises with personal feedback from industry pros worth £60||included|
|Audition workshop worth £60||included|
|Discussion forums: networking, film reviews, acting techniques & more||included|
|Monthly Film Review club||included|
|Exclusive celebrity and industry Q&A||included|
|Library of training videos and resources||included|
|Self-tape certification course worth £120||included|
|Priority access to paid casting opportunities||included|
|30-minute one-to-one career mentoring sessions with RS Talent agents||additional|
|Weekly Zoom Workshops, Q&A sessions and classes, each recorded and available to all students||included|
|Script reading service from BBC director||additional|
|Showreel editing service||additional|
|Monthly: £19.99GBP / $24.50USD* / €22.50EUR*||JOIN NOW|
|Yearly £240GBP: SPECIAL OFFER! NOW ONLY £120GBP / $150USD* / €135EUR*||JOIN NOW|
Are you ready to hit the ground running as an actor once the lockdown is over?
What will you be doing to stay sharp and keep training during the lockdown?
The Actors Gym is a subscription-based international online acting community to provide online acting training, self-tape feedback, free one-to-one career mentoring sessions with acting agents and workshops to keep you ready for that next audition or acting role. Working with actors including Asa Butterfield from Sex Education, William Moseley from The Chronicles of Narnia and directors like Debbie Howard (Doctors, BBC) and producers like James Simpson (Merchant of Venice) we provide a growing library of online content, contacts, casting opportunities and resources for actors.
- The monthly cost is £19.99GBP / $24.50USD* / €22.50EUR* per month plus the 2.9% + £0.30 PayPal processing fee
- The yearly cost is £123.77GBP / $152USD* per year (which is equivalent to £9.99GBP / $12.50USD* / €11.15EUR* per month plus the 2.9% + £0.30 PayPal processing fee). This is a 50% discount!
- Your subscription is renewed automatically every month or year (depending on which plan you choose), but you can cancel it at any time
- Your subscription is handled by PayPal – we don’t store any of your payment details
- Please note we can’t offer a refund so if you need to cancel please do so just before your payment would renew, rather than mid-month.
*Please note USD and EUR prices can fluctuate due to changes in the currency price.
Some of our Google Reviews...
As a veteran of dozens of feature film and television projects, I have been privileged to work with some amazing people over the years, and Alex and the team at The Reel Scene are first rate. I participated not as an actor, but as a writer looking to hone my ability to create dynamic characters, seeking to delve more deeply into the headspace of how a skilled actor brings to life the lines on a page. The instruction and exercises were surprisingly relatable and effective, and the course consistently exceeded my expectations. The instructors not only clearly understood their craft, but were highly effective communicators at helping us connect viscerally with the concepts and immediately put them into practice. They were also extremely warm and genuine people, ridiculously fun, and cultivated an environment that felt safe and supportive. The feedback process was both encouraging and intentional in providing clear direction for improvement. I cannot recommend The Reel Scene more highly.
Such an amazing group of people, they are so welcoming and supportive. The perfect environment to explore and try new things without being judged. I will definitely be back!
I cannot say enough good things about this group. I had an extraordinary experience learning from some of the best folks in the industry. Everyone treats you like family, and everyone is extremely approachable. There is a good spread of talent in the course, and there is something to suit all levels of experiences to ensure that everyone has a meaningful experience. You'll learn improvisation, character analysis and development, and ways to mentally and physically prepare yourself for your roles. You'll have the opportunity to network with professionals as well as peers and are encouraged to network well after the course has ended. If there is one complaint I can think of, it is that the class flew by so fast. It was a joy getting to work with all the staff and fellow students. The course was challenging at times, but we were never given anything we weren't ready for. Everything about the Reel Scene exceeded my expectations, and I am way more confident in my skills than when I first started the course. If you're looking for a way to improve your acting, this is the "Reel Deal!"
3 days of Asa’s masterclass is one of my best experiences in London!! We were spending a lot of time together, play concentrated games, practice lines, dig deep into our emotions, rehearsal and shooting. Those were extremely fascinating!! And the most remarkable part was I’ve made plenty of talented friends which is really precious for me. On a scale of one to ten... can I say 12? 😉
No matter what it is you are looking for, the Reel Scene will meet all your expectations and more. Coming from Canada, it was the perfect place to develop new connections with fellow actors and get a good base going here. In just one week, my skills developed more than I thought they could. You are constantly surrounded by the support and drive you need and I am beyond happy that I came across this community.